Thursday, May 13, 2010

Building Seven & 9/11

Many Americans do not realize that a third building at the World Trade complex collapsed that day. It had not been struck by an airplane, but it came down lipe pancakes anyhow. This is not mentioned in the report of the 9/11 commission.

Building Seven was located away from the two towers. BBC read a news release about its collapse 26 minutes before it went down. It collapsed symmetrically in 6.3 seconds into its own footprints. For that to happen the support beams have to be pulled at the same time. Fires were only observed on one side of the building. It had 24 core columns and 57 perimeter columns.
There were numerous warnings that Building 7, Salomon Brothers, would be brought down because it had allegedly become unstable. It also housed Emergency Management, the CIA, the Secret Service, and some Department of Defense offices. It could be that the building had been so weakened by a morning explosion that it had to be brought down. David Ray Griffin has carefully analyzed the accounts of two men who were trapped in the building for 90 minutes in the morning. They thought there had been a massive explosion at about 9:35 AM. New Yortk City’s Office of Emergency Management was there, essentially a hardened bunker within the building. Some have trouble believing this bunker simply collapsed without a trace.

In 2008, the National Institute of Standards and Technology ruled that its collapse was due to multiple fires throughout the building. This makes it the first steel skyscraper in the world to collapse because of mostly normal fires. There was some diesel fuel stored in the building. The problem for many was that it came down in such a smooth, symmetrical way, just as a controlled demolition would appear. Many say it should have come down taking the paths of least resistance, which would not have appeared to look like a controlled demolition.

However, the observable fires there were relatively paltry. Frank Fellini, a fire chief, said the firemen were evacuated from that building five or six hours before it came down. Who knows if it was really unstable. No proof has been offered. As David Lyunch noted, it came down just like the others , as though there were a detonation. As to whether the US government could be involved, ie said “Too big for people to think about.” Mayor Giuliani’s Office of Emergency Management was on the 23rd floor. There was a major SEC office there, and the New York Post noted that the loss of records held there would endanger a number of major prosecutions.
Despite its name, the building had many governmental agencies as tenants. The Kean Commission never mentioned its collapse even though no plane hit it. Moreover, most people are unaware that this rather large building came down, even though it was not hit by a plane. In 6.5 seconds, nearly free fall speed it collapsed into its very footprints, It had 47 towers and there was no jet fuel in it. Photographs only showed small fires in it, and only on the 7th and 12th floors. Some say the diesel fuel stored there caught fire, but the pictures do not reveal this. There were two small fires on the 12th and 5th floors. Though it was not engulfed in flames, people were being told 4 and 5 hours in advance that it would collapse. It was claimed there was a four floor hole between the third and sixth floors that had somehow been created by shock waves from the collapse of the nearest tower. Some said the hole was 20 floors deep. . Some said the whole building was engulfed in flames. None of this was shown in pictures. Nothing was done to save it.

The building had been evacuated long before it came down or was brought down. Yet the authorities said they had to remove the steel immediately in case there were still people trapped in it.

When the building came down it collapsed into a small pile of rubble. That would be consistent with a form of demolition called implosion. This form of detonation requires the most skill and planning. Larry Silverstein, who ran a consortium that controlled the buildings, once told a PBS team that the buildings were brought down by explosives to prevent the loss of any more lives. He is on tape saying he asked to have it “pulled.” But the official explanation is that it collapsed.

Some think that the floors in the two towers were taken out by “light” or’sound” technology developed by the Israelis and US over the last 20 years. This technology can invisibly destroy hard targets. It would have been necessary to prep the building with some conductors to move the waves through the buildings. In that way concrete, steel, and human bodies could have been vaporized. Advocates of this theory say that so much of the pulverized powder was very tiny ( under 100 microns) suggests that something better than thermite was used.

Many emergency workers heard the warning come through bull horns that Building 7 was to be brought down. Later, the official explanation was that it collapsed accidentally due to collateral damage from the two larger towers. This was a large building with 47 stories, and there was no gasoline burning in it. If it was brought down or pulled, it would have to have been planned in advance so that explosives could be planted carefully to prevent it from damaging structures around it. There would not have been time on September 11 to do all this. In late April, 2007, John Kerry told a Austin, Texas questioner that the building was brought down by controlled demolition. "I do know that that wall, I remember, was in danger and I think they made the decision based on the danger that it had in destroying other things, that they did it in a controlled fashion."

FEMA established a command post on Pier 29 on September 10, 2001. This could have been part of a massive set of defense drills that were scheduled for September 11 and were coordinated by Vice President Richard Cheney.

No comments: